Old July 19th 03, 04:05 AM
john smith

Michael Bullock wrote:
I'm planning on taking my 4 & 6 year olds to their first Oshkosh.
However, I don't think they'll have the stamina or patience to make the
trip from my Central NJ location into OSH in one day. Probably would be
best to fly a few hours and then do some kid-friendly activity for the
rest of the day.
I'm looking for recommendations for stop-overs - the most likely route
will be over Reading, PA, Youngstown, OH, Ft. Wayne IN then around
Chicago to the south and west, though I might do a northerly route
through southern Ontario.

Akron OH (Akron Fulton Airport)
Inventors Hall of Fame/Museum. Interactive, hands on activities for kids
ages. Heart of downtown Akron, maybe five miles from the airport. Good
for a couple hours of attention span. One of the activities I learned
there... purchase a box/tube of paper cups (about 100 or so), tell the
kids to build a wall, tower, etc. Good for quite a while of keeping the
kids busy, easy to clean up, don't have to worry about breaking
anything, don't weigh much, you can throw them away when you want to.