Old November 8th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Cross Country Soaring by Reichmann

Hi,

There were 2 different revisions available in the USA. I bought the first
one and a few years later a revised (by Reichmann) version came out. The
new version had new example training exercises and other updates. It has
not been updated since then. It is still a great book. I still sell them
quite often.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"John Smith" wrote in message
bobcaldwell wrote:

I have a fairly early copy of this book. Copyrights 1975 and 1978
with the second printing in 1981. Does anyone know if Reichmann ever
updated it or if anyone else did after his death. I was going to

I have 9th edition 1998 and it seems to be still the original.

reread it this winter but was curious if it had been brought into the
GPS/flight computer era yet. If it hasn't been that would be a worthy
project for someone as it is a truly great book and certainly still
relevant but not current with the latest technology.

Frankly, I don't know whether it would be worth the effort. The book
covers all the principles extremely well. There are very few pages which
are obsolete, and I don't think the book would gain anything by mentioning
some GPS devices. Besides, all chapters about electronics would be
obsolete before the ink was dry.