Old November 13th 19, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default US: Who is Flying What

It clearly has lots of errors; eg, the FAA lists 30 of the ASH31Mi, while this
list has only 15. Why use this list when you can use the REAL data from the FAA?

John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote on 11/13/2019 8:00 AM:
Very interesting and fun data. I was curious to determine which glider had the "highest" count. Of course as this is based on the ContestID, and a specific glider can be used by others, sold, etc, take the numbers with a grain of salt.

Interesting Factoid - there were 57 one-off unique gliders. These are listed below.

The top 100 models of gliders in order is;

SGS-1-26 564
Ventus 218
Discus 183
ASW-27 172
ASW-20 101
LS-8 83
ASG-29 74
DuoDiscus 71
LS-4 61
PW-5 60
StemmeS-10 51
StdCirrus 47
ASW-24 43
LS-6 40
LS-3 39
LAK-17 39
H-201Libelle 34
ASW-28 32
HPH-304 31
DG-800 30
SZD-55 28
ASW-19 26
Nimbus-3 26
DG-1000 25
Arcus 23
ASH-26 22
JS-1 22
PIK-20 21
ASH-25 20
ASK-21 20
ASH-31 15
SZD-42Jantar 15
DG-300 15
Genesis 13
Glasflügel303Mosquito 12
ASW-15 12
SilentS2 11
DG-808 11
DG-400 11
Blanik-L33 11
304C 10
SparrowHawk 10
Ka-6 10
Mini-Nimbus 10
Nimbus-4 10
RussiaAC-4 9
Cirrus 9
H-301Libelle 9
DG-303 9
DG-505 9

One-Off Gliders
(there has to be some errors in this with the wrong model number listed)

2CM
AC4C
AFH-3
Apis13