Old October 19th 13, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default Places that I want to soar before I die

Perhaps ask John Good. Fortunately he and I each did that not immediately before the death thing.

During a stall, a PG wing resembles sheets as you remove them from the clothes dryer. Hard to believe it will fly again, but it will if you do as trained and have enough height.
Without the height, like my second collapse of that minute, after the helicopter ride you may get to say:
"Morphine, please! Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh......"
Sorry for discouraging potential paraglider pilots. They are fun to fly on a smooth day.
Jim

On Saturday, October 19, 2013 10:34:51 AM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 12:52:09 PM UTC-4, skygod wrote:

You guys need to ditch those antiquated horseless flying carriages and get yourselves flying carpet paragliders. Fly anywhere in the world for the cost of an airline ticket.

How does that work out for you in mountain wave (and rotor)? Does it get cold?