Old February 4th 04, 07:34 PM
Richard Lamb

Bob Chilcoat wrote:

Thanks, Daniel,

I presume the "t" in the table is thickness? Someone in the RCM group
suggested heating the bend line to soften the temper. Anyone here try that?
I'll probably experiment a bit before I go to work on the final piece.

NO!

"Daniel" wrote in message
om...
Bob Chilcoat wrote ...
I scored some of the above sheet. I need to fabricate an approach plate
holder for my GPS yoke mount. Any idea if T6 will bend without

cracking?
If so, what minimum bending radius should I aim for to avoid cracks?

AC43.13-1B, Table 4-6 doesn't list 0.050, but it straddles it:
6061-T6 0.032 ½t-1½t
6061-T6 0.064 1t-2t

Daniel