Old November 27th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Terry

Default DIY Garmin GPS Internal Battery Replacement (Updated)

"Mike Spera" wrote in message
m...
It has been over 10 days since the battery swap out. Went flying over
the past weekend after the GPS sat for nearly a week. The clock was
spot on to the second. The unit acquired in the usual 30 seconds. I
was a bit concerned that the heat required to solder the wires onto
the battery may cause some harm (I used a temperature controlled iron
with a thin pencil tip). I will have to see if the battery hangs in
there. Given the replacement I used was 20 times the size of the
original, maybe it will last longer. Seems the original made it about
2 years.

Good Job Mike! Glad to hear it worked out....

Terry N6401F