Old March 25th 04, 09:00 PM

There is a difference between "holding out" for business and simply
doing a favor. I think you guys are taking this all a little too
seriously---but then again, the issue is confused enough with regulatory
nonsense that perhaps it should be taken this seriously.

I understand this is an academic exercise, but it could be that the
answer can be had by simply calling your local FSDO first. Believe me,
nothing you find on this or any other newsgroup is going to be
admissible in court if there is ever a problem.

As for commonality of purpose, landing practice always ranks pretty high
with me, particularly at airports I don't fly to very often. In fact,
many of my flights are for the specific purpose of practicing landings.
Even a mediocre burger joint could serve my purpose for deciding where
to land; my taste is not under the FAA's purview (thankfully for both
them and me).

Robert M. Gary wrote:
"John T" wrote in message ews.com...

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Mark" should get a 135 certificate before he gets in trouble.

Why? If the $175 does not include his pro-rata share, he's legal isn't he?

Why was Mark going there? If teh FSDO comes around asking he better be
able to produce a grandmother out there he was visiting. You can't
just hang up a sign on your plane and say, "I'll fly anyone anywhere
if you split the gas". Even that would be 135.

-Robert