Old November 28th 03, 10:26 PM
Jay Honeck

That's what I have against many organized religions, they allow the
membership to break their own covenants and continue on as if nothing ever
happened.

Agree 100%. In fact, one of the main problems we had with Catholicism was
the fact that every Catholic church in America seemed to interpret the laws
of the church differently.

For example, if you are Catholic, you are forbidden from using birth
control -- period. No ifs, ands or buts about it, you are FORBIDDEN from
taking the Pill, or using a condom. Yet the vast majority of American
"Catholic" women admit to using birth control.

Worse, the churches themselves do this little "nudge-nudge, wink-wink" thing
around the issue, allowing their members to continue in the church even
thought they know about the transgressors.

Not that I have anything against birth control -- I don't -- but if you want
to call yourself a "Catholic", follow their rules. If you want to use the
Pill, fine -- just don't make a sham of the church and call yourself a
"Catholic".

It's this kind of utter hypocrisy that drove Mary and me away from organized
religion.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA