Old March 13th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Todd W. Deckard

Default Phil called today

Many years ago I dropped my AOPA membership. I received a telephone
solicitation
for the AOPA credit card! I sent Mr. Boyer an email complaint (suggesting
that if he sent me his phone
number I'd be delighted to call him during the dinner hour). Bruce
Landsberg sent an email with his home number,
apologized and invited me to call him and discuss it. I was still chapped
at the credit card solicitation but the
followup was honorable.

I have since restored my membership (I enjoyed the magazine) and I feel the
lobbying efforts may be very important
in the current user fee debate and part-61 overhaul.

Todd

"FLAV8R" wrote in message
So today when I answered the phone, I found out it was AOPA calling to let
me know that my membership
will be expiring soon.