Old November 20th 12, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default Cobra Trailer Screw Jack

Old thread, remembered when the problem arose here.
Recently flew Misti's Libelle and found the Y2K Cobra screw-type ramp jack to be almost unusable, even without that heavy fuselage on it.
No cleaning... A couple of short bursts of Tri Flow bicycle chain lube, run it up and down and it works as if new! Available as aerosol, pump spray or liquid from your local bike shop or hardware store. See:
http://www.triflowlubricants.com/Tri...Lubricant.html
Jim

On Monday, July 30, 2012 11:27:47 AM UTC-7, Mike McCarron wrote:
I have a screw jack on my 2012 cobra trailer that becomes very difficult to

operate after every 2 or 3 uses in order to jack up my ASW-27B for

disassembly. The glider is operated in a sandy environment and the screws

become dirty quickly. Anyone have any idea about how to avoid the

necessity for frequent cleaning. I have used hydraulic jacks in the past

but I got tired of them leaking and collapsing.

Thanks,

MC