Old May 10th 19, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]

Default Going back into flying the glider way

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 12:39:38 PM UTC-4, ripacheco1967 wrote:
I have a couple thousand hours flying GA single engine. I have owned two aircraft in the past. (Piper Warrior & Saratoga)
Haven't flown for almost 10-years.
Decided to go back into flying but only gliders.
Will join local club to get my license upgraded to include a glider rating.
Then will be the agonizing over what glider to buy ...
nice problem to have huh?

Welcome back to the world of aviation. This is Rich Owen from Seminole-Lake Gliderport. We normally do not find prospective pilots looking for glider ratings on Rec Aviation Soaring. However, Son_of_Flubber said it best. If you come down to our operation we will get you back in the saddle really quick. The three clubs you have highlighted are great operations and could provide you excellent instruction. As a commercial operation we have the ability to complete you faster and with less hassle. We can also help you narrow down the type of glider for you to purchase based on your soaring goals. Call our office Tuesday thru Sunday from 9am to 5pm to schedule your training or speak with one of our instructors. I'm at a family wedding out of town but will be back in the office Tuesday. You can email me at . Hope to see you soon. Best Regards, Rich