Old May 4th 14, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Dell Streak - what ROM version?

Hi Robert,

I'm running 2.3.7 (Cyanogen Mod 7, or CM7) which I got from the XDA
Developers online. I see that there's now a cyanogenmod.org which may be of
help but I haven't tried it. My Streak has been rock solid with CM7.

I connect my Streak to my CAI 302 via Bluetooth using a K6BT serial to
Bluetooth converter which I got through Cumulous Soaring and it works great.
I leave the internal GPS enabled as a backup should the 302 or Bluetooth
link fail. After a flight, I download the igc file to the Streak or to my
Android phone and move it to Dropbox where it's available when I get home.
I then upload to OLC and Skylines direct from Dropbox. It's too easy!

If you decide to try CM7 and can't find everything you need for the Streak
5, send me an email or post here and I'll make mine available through
Dropbox or Google Drive.

(another) Dan

"Dan Daly" wrote in message
running 2.3.3 olleh with a streak. No updates applied; stable. I disabled
the internal gps and use an IOIO board with a PowerFLARM and LX7007 ProIGC
as device b anc c. It works well. Running XC Soar 6.4.
Using the internal gps, it would... wander.
Dan