Old July 26th 03, 11:55 AM
Steve House

Not a matter of credentials, just good business practices. If he wants to
take the risk, he's welcome to it but IMHO it's extremely unwise. Known too
many people who have been thoroughly ripped off by doing work on spec.

"idkw" wrote in message
om...
Tough times breed innovation. Welcome to the new IT world, check your
credentials at the door, they're useless now.

"Steve House" wrote in message

You do that amount of work on speculation????? You get paid ONLY IF he
makes money? Nothing wrong with working on trade-out, web site design

in
exchange for instruction, or even doing a single page as a free sample

get the job, but not very professional on either of your parts to do it

on
speculation. For both of you, it should be you do the work, you get

paid.
Period.

wrote in message
news
...help me earn my Instrument Rating when you do!! I used my

programming
career to aid in the creation and upgrade of an online pilot store. If

the
store is successful I will have earned for my hours of work the

instruction
time needed for my instrument ticket (the site is owned by a San Diego
flight instructor).

I apologize if the post here is inappropriate, I'm just looking for a

decent
audience. I have utilized this rec site for a long time to get good
information and was the first place I thought of.
The store is pretty darn good...close to 1200 items all marked well

below
mfg sugg price. I am still in the process of uploading all the picture
shots, but the quantity is there.

www.pilotjourneystore.com

Thanks for reading -
Jon Baker, PP-ASEL