Old July 26th 03, 04:15 PM
Sam

"Montblack" wrote in message ...
(Sam" wrote) Looks like a pretty good site to me! I wouldn't worry too
much about
apologizing... People in this group advertise their hotels and such
all the time. This is one of the most cliquish newgroups I have ever
seen though, so you may get ripped on unless you "belong".

Shhh, I don't really belong here either!! For one, I sometimes top-post :-)

I've been *plonked* once (that I know of) and recently was called a Troll.
I've been called an idiot and, well, and idiot again.

Even so, I enjoy hang(ar)ing around here in my free time. I think this is a
very welcoming newsgroup. Many of the folks here do know each other pretty
well, but I wouldn't call that cliquish.

I went to an EAA meeting at my local airport this spring. Didn't know a
sole, wasn't building a plane. I was quiet and kept to myself, while a room
full of friends had their meeting - complete with inside jokes and vague
historical references to other inside jokes. After the meeting, I ended up
volunteering for a few things, and now know a couple more people over at the
airport than I did before the monthly meeting.

That EAA chapter wasn't cliquish either, they were quite welcoming. Now, if
I had stood up and spouted off about something I was on shaky ground
defending, they would have eaten me alive - then adjourned for coffee and
cookies.

Well, I would agree that it's a very *helpful* newsgroup. People here
do seem to know what they're doing and are quite willing to offer
advice, which is pretty cool. But some here also seem a little stuck
on themselves, which is kind of a turnoff.