Old June 12th 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anyolmouse

Default Measuring the effectiveness of a sandblaster?

"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message
| I know the compressor requirements are stated when considering a
| sandblaster, but is there anyway to measure the effectiveness e.g. is
| my blaster taking off paint as quickly as someone elses?
|
| As an example, I can take off an 1/8" strip of paint at about
| 1"/second, but have no idea what should be happening - Mike

To take a lot off in one pass you have to have a industrial capacity
compressor and nozzle. 100 to 115psi @ 5 to 7cfm doesn't give you much
except for cleaning small parts. A water separator is a must. A
commercial shop I use shuts down when the humidity is high. They use an
old Military surplus compressor that puts out close to 100cfm @ 150psi
or there-a-bouts. FWIW yours is doing about what my old Sears
compressor/blaster used to do.

--
But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be
restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
John Adams, letter to Abigail Adams, July 17, 1775

Anyolmouse