Old June 13th 09, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Measuring the effectiveness of a sandblaster?

"Anyolmouse" wrote

To take a lot off in one pass you have to have a industrial capacity
compressor and nozzle. 100 to 115psi @ 5 to 7cfm doesn't give you much
except for cleaning small parts. A water separator is a must. A
commercial shop I use shuts down when the humidity is high. They use an
old Military surplus compressor that puts out close to 100cfm @ 150psi
or there-a-bouts. FWIW yours is doing about what my old Sears
compressor/blaster used to do.

WoW! I can't even comprehend a compressor that big!

What is the power source; IC engine, or electric, and do you know how big the
power source is, in either HP or amps? That would help me try to put it into
size.
--
Jim in NC