Old August 11th 09, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Condon[_2_]

Default Cross Country Sailplanes: In the Flatland

This thread got me interested so I dug through my logbook. I counted 22
flights in the Cherokee where I set out for a cross country flight. On 16
of those I landed out which I defined as landing somewhere not designated
or ever used for landing aircraft. So a measly 73% landout rate. Chris if
you are going to keep flying in the midwest you have some catching up to
do!

I have opportunity to do better though, I just moved to Kansas and after
June the wheat fields are empty allowing plenty of places to land.
Previously in Iowa I couldnt really go anywhere in the middle of the
summer thanks to fields full of crops.

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y