Old September 3rd 04, 07:19 PM
Icebound

"Wdtabor" wrote in message
In article , "Paul Sengupta"
writes:

Imagine putting this on an insurance claim...

http://www.bluerobin.flyer.co.uk/cowauster.gif

We parked a motor home on a ranch in Texas where we used to hunt deer. The
cattle licked the paint off as high as they could reach. They don't do

that
everywhere, I speculate that they do it in areas where they are deficient

in
some trace minerals.

Don

A long time ago, when I was but a lad on a farm.... our cows would
inexplicably get into a mood to gnaw on our firewood pile. It was rare, but
when they got in that mood, it was usually more than just a few of them.

Apparently bovine digestion can break down cellulose, whereas the rest of
us cannot.

I am not that familiar with a J1-N, but the picture looks like there is
fabric and wood involved. The salt may have been a factor, but the fabric
and wood was probably what they were really after.