Old May 28th 05, 04:15 PM
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 28 May 2005 12:27:07 GMT, Matt Whiting
wrote in ::

I'd say both. No excuse for dumb pilots, but also no excuse for many of
our "security" restrictions these days either.

That sounds like a rather balanced approach to raising our nation's
consciousness about it's lethal pseudo-security policies toward GA
pilots. If we are seen as publicly chastising errant pilots among our
ranks for their negligence, and at the same time pointing out how
arrogantly inappropriate our nation's shoot-down policy is, we may be
viewed as responsible citizens, and perhaps be able to garner some
public support to end this outrageously stupid policy. All that is
lacking is a realistic alternative policy to replace it.