Old March 31st 04, 08:56 AM
Craig

john szpara wrote in message ws.com...
I'm considering buying a plane, and have decided to go with a twin. I
understand that there will be more maintenance costs over a single,
but I like the safety margin of the second engine. I also like the
idea of pressurization, because we have some high mountains out here
on the west coast. It would be nice to fly over them at a safe
altitude, and I would also like to be able to get on top of most of
the weather.

John: you might also want to take a look at the Commander series too.
Some are pressurized and some not, but all have great usefull loads
and excellent performance numbers. Seating is available for up to 11,
with decent range. From what I remember when I had a demo flight years
ago in a 520, an engine out situation was pretty ho-hum....dial in a
little trim, set the numbers and run the checklist. Yes, they do have
one real big AD on the spar, but the inspection requirements have a
considerable time spacing as to when it has to be done. Geared engines
are not that big of a deal to operate with as long as you learn the
proper procedures and follow them.

For lots more info, visit www.aerocommander.com.
I've got a 680 that I'm about to go retrieve and start a ground up
restoration/overhaul/update. It's been in storage since the late 70's
and hasn't had any changes since the day it rolled off the assembly
line in '57.

Craig C.