Old March 2nd 09, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

Default Grob 103 AD note for bolt, USA

On Mar 1, 10:26*pm, "
wrote:
Dear Grob owners,

I have requests for 30 bolts/nut kits. This is less then half of the
fleet as listed in the FAA data base. If you know of a G-103 operator
please contact them and mention this AD note.

I am ordering bolts/nuts now, more than 30 so I'll have spares.

Rather than answer each e-mail, for now I just post to this group and
rec.soaring. Unless your e-mail bounced back to you, I likely received
it and your bolt/nut kit is being ordered now.

Shipping from Germany is not going to be cheap because of the weight.

Now I need to figure out a way to mail these bolts to you, and protect
them from being damaged. Any suggestions?

Robert J. Mudd
505 269-8234

I think the padded mailing envelopes available at the post office
would be perfectly sufficient. That's what the Ohio Grob facility
used to ship some bolts and nuts to me. 60mm is short enough to fit in
the smallest padded mailing envelope they offer.