Old December 2nd 03, 09:34 PM
Ian Forbes

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:51:00 +1100, Jim Kelly wrote:

Summer has begun down under, and my first flight with an iPaq reminded me
just how bad the reflections are in bright light . . . sooo hard to read,
especially when wearing sunglasses.

I have an old Palm PDA with a black and white screen. I have loaded
Soaring Pilot on it and played with it but I never bothered to put it in
the glider.

However on the ground the display seems perfectly legible in bright light.

For those who have tried old PDA's, how do black and white screens shape
up against the latest colour ones?

Maybe it is worth trading some CPU power for a clearly readible display
and a decent battery life.

Ian