Old June 1st 12, 06:48 PM
Squeaky Squeaky is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel.wade View Post
To add to the chorus:

Just my $0.02,

--Noel
P.S. The back-release of the rope is a tricky thing on the ground in
my DG-300; like others I find a bit of wheelbrake while taking up
slack and just at the beginning of the roll is an effective "cure".
Not that I can claim to be an expert or know much, but in my Pilatus manual it mentions removing part of the Tost Release to allow for Winch launches --i.e. to allow a back release (I know my Pilatus is set for Aerotow and doesn;t back release with big slack...). If the part is not removed, there is no back release. Perhaps the different experiences in the same planes is tied to how their planes and the release mechanism were set up...

Just a WAG,
Squeak