Old July 9th 14, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BDS

Default Recorder

Well, he asked for cheap and you can probably find a Replogle for $20 or
less [some on eBay for $10] and it will be good until at least 2016
apparently.

I easily found some paperweights that cost twice that much. :)

"Dan Daly" wrote in message
On Wednesday, July 9, 2014 11:27:53 AM UTC-4, bds wrote:
"jg OY" wrote in message

I am seeking an inexpensive (ha, ha) portable recorder that can be used
for

a silver distance badge. All opinions welcomed.
If you plan your flight to land at another airport you only need a
barograph and witnesses at your landing location. Something like a
Replogle is

adequate for that, and very cheap nowadays.

According to the minutes of the 2014 IGC Plenary, deleting stand-alone
barographs passed as a year 1 proposal, and will be voted on next year, for
inclusion in 2016 Sporting Code. Don't invest too much in a Replogle lest
you have an expensive paperweight. I think the "FlywithCE" position
recorder is the answer up to Gold Badges - until everyone has a PowerFLARM,
good up to Diamonds. If your resources are greater, the Nano is very nice
and reliable too.

http://www.fai.org/igc-documents; then 'meetings' then 'plenary Varese (ITA)
7-8 March 2014' then 'minutes' then 'igc 2014 plenary meeting - summary of
decisions' then para 8.2.1.

It might fail in the Year 2 vote - but I doubt it.

Dan
2D