Old September 13th 03, 08:40 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Jack Allison" wrote in message
Anyone out there who retired from their non-aviation career (as in you
didn't get paid to fly) and became a CFI or commercially rated pilot? I'd
be interested in your experience, either positive or negative and which
ratings you obtained along the way.

I'm looking 12+ years down the road when I retire from the high-tech rat
race and considering options for part time work having something to do

with
flying. I'm more interested in staying active within aviation and working
more on my own terms than making a living. Any income would be (very
little) gravy and that's ok.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

I retired from active flying professionally and have remained active as a
consultant to various interests within the professional civilian and
military aviation communities.
I believe the general answer to remaining active on my level at least is in
being highly specialized in your field. Many have retired and gone into
private business where they have been extremely successful. Others have
tried to remain in their fields with mixed results. I honestly believe the
question's answer is so specifically individualized that a total general
answer is almost impossible.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/CFI