Old January 9th 04, 05:28 PM
Mark James Boyd

In article ,
Ian Strachan wrote:
In article 3ffee053$1@darkstar, Mark James Boyd
writes

snip

If anyone decides to modify their experimental glider to
be towed tail first on a tailhook, I guess we have two
volunteers to be the tow pilots...

The main question is, in how many seconds would it be being towed
tail-first ......

Another question would be insurance, but we are in "reductio ad
absurdum" land, here, aren't we?

--
Ian Strachan
Lasham, UK

Ian,

Exactly right. So if we can all agree that "given the
appropriate level of experience and skill, a pilot can
fly any flyable aircraft in any conditions," we can avoid this
obvious truth and focus on the relative risks and
costs (including the cost of acquiring training and
experience).