Old March 1st 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Crash Lander[_1_]

Default Wooden Propellers

"Danny Deger" wrote in message
From a non-owner's viewpoint, I think wooden props are a thing of
aeronautical beauty and are sadly missed. A laminated, fixed pitch
prop is almost an object of sculpture.

Not meaning to wax lyrical, but a nicely crafted wooden prop is
infinitely more interesting to look at than an alloy job or a compressor
stage.

I used to own a Piper Vagabond with a wooden prop. It sat outside, so I
had to revarnish the prop often. I recall very vividly admiring the
beauty of the wood when I did this job.

Danny

The Skyfox Gazelle I fly has a wooden prop. It has just been re-furbished.
It truly is an awesome piece of work. One downside however is that the a/c
cannot/should not be flown in even light rain, as the raindrops pit the
prop.
Oz Lander