Old August 3rd 05, 03:45 PM
John Galloway

I too have rigged a Duo T solo from a Cobra trailer
with a Cobra rigging aid. It can be done. The wing
is very heavy but that isn't the main problem I found.

If the rigging ground is rough and grass then the rigging
aid does not roll well at the point that you are trying
to pull the flat wing into the fuselage. It tends
to tilt and dig into the wing surfaces. The little
stabilizer wheel do not help and actually tend to get
caught in the grass or ground undulations. A rope
to pull on the rigging aid axle helps. On firm smooth
ground it would be very much easier.

Also everything in a two seater is just plain bigger
and things that are easy in little gliders are much
more awkward - such as that I could not reach over
the wing sufficiently to lift it and simultaneously
pull it inwards as the drag pins are inserted - like
I can easily do in a little glider.

Having said that - buy a Duo - get some help to rig
it - and appreciate what a lovely glider it is.

John Galloway

At 13:18 03 August 2005, Ruud wrote:
On 2 Aug 2005 21:18:04 -0500, Bob Korves
wrote:

We have
assembled ours with 2 people and without rigging aids
(other than wing
stands) numerous times.

In the long run that will ruin your back!

3 people make it easier. 4 mostly get in the
way...

I can rig my duo all by myself without any help and
without any heavy
lifting in light wind conditions.
At stronger wind conditions I need someone to stabilize
the wing
dolly.
The only lifting I need to do is rolling the wing panels
out of the
trailer into the wingdolly, but I'm working on a solution
for that.
See the video on the web site.