Old August 10th 05, 01:59 AM
Bob Salvo

http://www.nadler.com/public/Uvalde2005.html

"Roger Worden" wrote in message
. ..
Blogs (web logs) are a rather new type of web site where the author
periodically adds new articles about current events or simply his thoughts
about a subject. As with RAS and other forums, helpful comments and
additions are welcomed. Unlike on RAS, rants are not so welcome. :-)

I have found just a few blogs on the subject of soaring and aviation in
general. Here are three I know of... if you know of others, please reply

and
I'll keep adding to the list of links to blogs on my site.

My own blog about learning to soar is at
http://rogersoaring.blogspot.com/
Jeremy Zawodny writes about soaring and much more
http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog
MyFlightBlog: a power pilot's learning experiences
http://www.myflightblog.com/index.php

If anyone is interested in how to create a blog, I could post a few
pointers. It's pretty easy, and blog sites are available for free. One

nice
feature some blogs offer is the ability to post articles automatically via
email (from authorized authors). This allows for dynamic updates, i.e.
"notes from the field" can be sent from a connected laptop, a wireless PDA
such as a Blackberry, or even text messages from a cell phone. This could

be
extremely useful for contest results, weather condition reporting, etc.