Old December 10th 05, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default GPS Antenna

150flivver wrote:
: Can a single GPS antenna be used for more than one GPS? For example,
: is there a splitter available that allows both a panel mount GPS and a
: handheld to use an installed GPS antenna?

Although I haven't done so, I'd imagine it's possible. A few things to
consider, however. External GPS antennas for aircraft are usually amplified. The
radio puts 5VDC on the coax and the antenna has a LNA inside it.

Also, to keep impedances correct, the splitter will likely either have to be
lossy, or active.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *