Old May 22nd 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Is there a "correct" panel layout?

In a previous article, "Dico" said:
I'm wondering... if you were laying out your panel today... is there a
specific way, perhaps a "standard" way, that you'd layout your
instruments? I've seen some un-intuitive layouts and I'm wondering if
anyone and provide me with some insight as to safest/user friendly
layout.

Actually, I was just talking with some people at Pinckneyville about this,
and wondering how much it would hurt the resale value of a plane if you
were to turn everything around so you would fly it from the right seat.
I'm left handed, and I hate that I have to switch hands on the yoke to
write down a new frequency or clearance, then switch back to turn the
radios or set the OBS.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
In any business, the customer is always right, except when he calls