Old March 16th 18, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Flarm collision alert from Tow Plane ADS-B

On Friday, March 16, 2018 at 2:42:59 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Now that our club tow plane has installed ADS-B out, I’m getting a constant collision alert on my S80, Flarm butterfly and Qudie while on tow. Is there any way to silence the collision alarm while on tow without turning off ADS-B targets on Flarm all together. I like seeing ADS-B targets while flying in congested areas. It would be nice is there was a way to identify specific ADS-B IDs that should not be reported like tow planes. It’s bad enough to just see the Flarm collision alert screen with the red 12 o’clock the whole time on tow, but having the constant beeping is just too much to tolerate.

I don't know what the answer is, but masking all tow planes all the time is probably not a good one. There have been a few collisions between tow planes and gliders, those are ones you really want to avoid.