Old July 19th 18, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Rescue Aid

Two problems: 1) I keep my phone in my pocket, so it'd get wet; 2) can't get water
in a can in this area, only plastic bottles (even Amazon won't ship cans here).
But it got me thinking: I could strap a quart plastic bottle just above each
ankle, and hardly notice it. Velcro strap, zip ties, duct tape - need figure out
the best method. Or maybe really baggy "cargo pants", and put the bottles in the
leg pockets.

Dan Marotta wrote on 7/18/2018 6:03 PM:
You don't have to strap it to your parachute. Simply empty the can into your
pants pocket and go fly. If you don't land out, transfer the contents of your
pocket back to the can.

On 7/18/2018 2:26 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
2G wrote on 7/17/2018 6:22 PM:
Water is the ONE thing you CAN'T do without. It's a nuisance to strap to your
parachute, but sit out in 90+ degree temperatures and see how long you can go
without taking a drink.
PS. Bring your own shade in the form of an emergency blanket - they are very
compact.

How much water, and how do you strap it to your parachute?