Old May 15th 04, 05:22 PM
Bruce Greeff

Shawn Curry wrote:
nafod40 wrote:

Might want to check out this site...

http://www.stopthenoise.org/

While focused on powered planes and their noise, note a quote from the
site...

"It is the mission of STOP the NOISE to...restor[e] local control over
the non-essential, recreational uses of the airspace which is part of
our lands."

That's easy. The airspace that is "part of their lands" ends at their
video dish. I can assure them I'll never fly that low over their land,
powered or unpowered.

Shawn

Hmmm...
Flame suit on, But it is this kind of attitude that causes problems for GA.
Causes problems all over being inconsiderate in my opinion.

Gliding is generally quite quiet, especially when you use a winch. However, you
are still intruding when you make a noise or fly low over peoples property.
(Whether you are messing around, or making an outlanding)

An analogy would be the kind of genius who is prevalent among our less educated
populance whose car is a often heap, but its owner is of such a generous nature
that he/she shares their taste in music with anyone within 500m . After all such
a powerful sound system must be used, and they have a passion for this music.
Legally they are driving on a public road, and your airspace ends at your fence...

Don't expect everyone to share the liking for the noise you make.