Old May 29th 05, 08:48 AM
Peter Duniho

"Antoņio" wrote in message
ups.com...
Slow flight would have been good had there been time. I was abeam the
end of the runway when cleared to follow the Arrow. I was in B airspace
(so it seems) around 20 seconds later.

Where you aware, abeam the numbers, that you were approaching the Class B
airspace? If so, why not just slow down when abeam the numbers? It doesn't
take 20 seconds (or 30, which is what you wrote before) to slow an airplane
down, and of course as you are slowing, you get more time.

BFI has radar and is separating me from other traffic, right? That is
not technically "radar service"?

KBFI, as is the case at many Class D airports, has a radar display. In
almost all cases (and as far as I know, this includes KBFI), the tower
controller uses this strictly for informational purposes. They aren't
providing radar services, nor do they provide separation any more than any
tower without a radar display would (that is, they basically don't, even
though it may sound like they are sometimes).

Pete