Old March 7th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gene Seibel

Default Fatal this afternoon

On Mar 7, 2:44 pm, "John" wrote:
Although it may not be worth very much . . . I agree with you guys, I
was mistaken. It was a Quickie Q-2, not an Eagle 150.

take care . . .

No problem. I'm certainly no expert on types.

Every crash is a tragedy. As has happened to most of us at some time
or another, this one came so very close to home. Though I didn't know
the pilot, he was based at the same airport we are. It happened about
3 miles from our house. In my office I have a scanner monitoring
police, fire and aviation frequencies. A pilot, I believe a pipeline
patrol, witnessed the crash but rescuers had difficulty getting to the
site becasue of locked gates and muddy fields. So many tried to help.
Such a desperate, helpless feeling. ;(
--
Gene Seibel
Gene & Sue's Flying Machine - http://pad39a.com/gene/