Old July 21st 03, 01:45 AM
Roger Halstead

On 19 Jul 2003 18:43:26 -0700, (Snowbird)
wrote:

Todd Pattist wrote in message . ..
Sydney Hoeltzli wrote:

snip

If the medical requirements prohibit granting you a
medical when you have the underlying condition , then you
can't fly an airplane, even if you are safe, regardless of
whether you are taking the medication.

No argument. But that's not the issue here.

I want to know where it's required that one "void one's
medical certificate", rather than simply refraining from
flying while unable to meet the requirements of the medical
certificate, and resuming flight when one can.

I've never heard of such a rule and I don't think it exists.
It may, but I seriously doubt it.
You just don't fly while the condition exists.

For example, you get a really bad head cold and have to take
antihistamines. That's disqualifying, but who in their right mind
would expect the pilot to void the medical certificate and then take a
new exam when over the cold.

OTOH any one who goes flying as PIC with a really bad head cold
probably would be disqualified under the mental case....

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Cheers,
Sydney