Old November 29th 03, 01:29 PM
Harry Gordon

Tony,
The AA battery pack also came with the radio...it is loaded with batteries
and there are extras in my flight bag. My mamma didn't raise no dummy :-).
In fact it was the accessory deal that was offered that was the clincher on
buying it. I really like the A-5. Fortunately, when I was using it I was on
the ground eating lunch and listening to the traffic.

Harry

"tony roberts" wrote in message
A month or so ago, I purchased the ICom A-5. It came with the

rechargeable
battery. I have read a lot about that battery so I know that it leaves

some
to be desired.

Hi Harry
If you carry the A5 for use in an emergency, then no matter what other
replies you receive here - go and buy an AA battery back.

If you are ever sitting out in the boonies, trying to contact help you
will be glad you did, because it just may save your life.
My flight bag always contains lots of AA batteries - for GPS,
Communications and Flashlights. You can't charge that stupid
rechargeable battery when you are sitting next to your wrecked aircraft
waiting for help - but you can put some neww AA batteries in.

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
VFR OTT
Night