Old December 7th 03, 12:19 AM
Bob

Gerard:

Your scrapbook serves you well. N16959 is ecactly correct. I worked for
Island as a Mechemic/Inspector for some years and get this...my wife and I
had JUST gotten off of the previous flight into E.34th St. We watched those
folks board. Another time, she and I took New York Helicopters Dauphin into
the city to see the tree. We later Returned by air to E.34 St. and the next
round trip ofter we deplaned, the Dauphin hit the bulkhead at the heliport
on landing. Kept my wife away from helicopters for some time after that. I
know it wasn't me with the hex because my career continued for some years.

Island WAS a great place to work and learn because they had a very diverse
fleet, and many customer aircraft that their repair station served. Losing
that kid was a tragedy, as well a a German tourist that went down much later
in a Dauphin, submerged, and never got his seat belt off. I wonder is I
might know you Gerard. Anyway, keep the shiney side up and the skids down.
Good luck!