Old August 31st 05, 06:50 PM
bumper

AFAIK, Mountain High has a monopoly on the EDS (electronic demand system)
for aviation use (there are "electronic demand" medical systems, but I doubt
these would be suitable for flying). MH's XR series regulators are also the
best and smallest I've seen. Unfortunately, MH's stuff is priced
accordingly - - as the "High" part of their name implies.

There are more reasonably priced sources for the more common things like the
"transfill" equipment, you mention, used to refill your own O2 bottles. Your
local welding supply place can likely help you out and the price will be
maybe 50% of what MH is charging.

bumper

"Steve Hill" wrote in message
Switch to the EDS Mountain High system...the bottle fits just fine in my
DG-400 and thus ends the problem...it's lighter, works well and for $200
bucks you can buy your own re-fill manifold...amazing how well that takes
care of it.

Steve.