Old May 26th 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Got to fly a light sport aircraft

That clutch is yet another example of how Rotax can make their engines so
light. Spin them fast, to get more HP per cubic inch. Use a gearbox to
make the power useable by a prop. Make that gearbox as light as you can.
In order to make the gearbox light, (it is the weak link in all of this)
protect it from harmonic resonance loads, by using a clutch. Beautiful
engineering.

Problem is, I'm not buying the whole design philosophy. But you knew
that, already. g

That was my first time flying behind a Rotax engine, and I was very
impressed. It was smooth, responsive, powerful, and quiet.

If I was single, I'd buy a CT in a heartbeat.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA