Old September 12th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Logajan

Default Best club and commercial web sites

Vsoars wrote:
Which clubs and commercial operations have outstanding web sites that
make people eager to give soaring a try?

www.youtube.com

Okay - not the organization type you were asking for. But it was an
influence on me. I was already considering taking flying lessons and was
already leaning toward glider training - but was rather hesitant. Some of
the better glider videos I found on YouTube were a factor in making the
final decision. I found the "first person" videos made from inside the
cockpit to be the most compelling. In particular if the camera was scanned
around, that helped give me a perspective on how it might feel to be
inside. I book marked a few, and while the ones below aren't the best
videos, nor all first-person views, they are representative of the kind
that influenced my decision:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pZ5dTntBxE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcneOD6HYgc
http://www.vimeo.com/739603