Old January 6th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Least favorite ATC instructions... ... ...

Douglas Paterson wrote:

I'd never heard that before ("at your own risk"), and we had them
repeat--got the same verbiage. I queried tower on the phone after landing,
they explained (and cited an appropriate reg) that it essentially means
"hey, we told you the weather's below mins; you fly your airplane, we don't
mind if you land on our runway." That clearance may or may not exist in the
civilian world, I don't know. USAF flies under its own rules--they mirror
both FAA and ICAO regs, but there are plenty of subtle differences (as there
are between FAA and ICAO). I have an easier time sorting out the
differences between NFL and college ball! That, actually, is a subject
to which I will have to dedicate some serious study as I ease back into
GA....

I've not heard that before either, but I'd never heard "check gear down"
before I flew into a military field either. And this was in a 182 which
made it even more comical.

Matt