Old April 1st 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What percentage of USA glider pilots compete?

On Mar 31, 3:18 pm, wrote:
On Mar 31, 3:15 pm, "Wayne Paul" wrote:

wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 29, 1:07 am, wrote:
On Mar 28, 12:54 pm, wrote:

And of course you get these yahoos with 25:1 antique wood and fabric
ships who are crazy enough to sign up for a contest while only hoping
to get their silver badge in the next few months. Not gonna be
competitive, but I suppose they'll have fun.

Careful, or I'll leave the Antares home and dust off the whale !
Flew that in the sports nationals a couple times but not
for a few years now...

David,

When you say "whale" are you referring to your RHJ-8?

I'd love to see it flying in a contest!

How about having someone take pictures of your 1.200 handicap RHJ-8 the next
time it is flown? It would be a nice addition to my RHJ picture collection?http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/RH...http://www.soa...

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Hi Wayne - Yup, but the RHJ-8 hasn't flown in some years and is
in bad need of a paint job ! IIRC last time was the Mifflin Sports
Nats in 1998 ? Highlight was getting George Moffat to sign my
copy of Winning the day I beat him ! I've not enough time to
work on it...
See ya, Dave

dont worry about it Dave. ill let you fly the Cherokee, I'll fly the
Antares. Itll be perfect.

Off to get that motorglider endorsement...