Old October 21st 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default the trend is............

Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 08:18:10 -0700, Brad wrote:

As a bottom feeder in the economic food chain, when all gliders that are
flying are motorgliders, I'll be looking at all the pictures I took when
I used to be able to fly a non-powered sailplane. Since it will be
somewhat impossible for me to ever afford a powered sailplane.

No complaints, just an honest asessment.

Move near to a winching site and you'll have the last laugh as fuel
prices go sky high.

Doesn't a winch launch use more fuel than a self-launch? And won't the
fuel he uses to commute to work eat into any savings from winch launching?

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org