Old May 20th 16, 12:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: Cambridge Mark IV Vario and Flight Director with Audio

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 6:03:58 PM UTC-4, Ben Coleman wrote:
There's a MkIV he
http://glidersales.com.au/instruments.php

I don't know about the compensation though (just saw it when browsing there).

Cheers Ben

I contacted the seller and it was sold a long time ago. It seems like no modern vario's have internal TE compensation because every new glider in the past 20 years or more is built with the plumbing for a TE probe at the factory. Some higher end vario's from the 70's had electronic TE compensation built into them. My guess is because they were being retrofitted into gliders that did not have the plumbing already. The other option is to find a Schuemann "Magic Box" pneumatic compensator.

I have a Westerboer VW910 and VW921 currently but it doesn't really work for the Vivat as you have to select from a few pre-programmed glide polars and they are all much higher performance than the Vivat.

Dave