Old August 13th 04, 05:49 PM
Maule Driver

Like everyone else said, the ATC stuff is no problem. IFR seems to work
better for me but works either way. The USAir 'push' is the only obstacle.
The more confidence the controller has in your ability and the more
competent the controller, the more options they'll exercise.

It's good to know and have the AP diagram with you. Runup on the ramp
before taxi. The key to getting out is often an intersection TO on 18L.
They've jumped me in front of a line of airliners a couple of times - but
remember wake turb avoidance is your job.

Signature is the only FBO option I am aware of. Great service for my
dollars. For a day trip with gas you'll probably get away with just that.
Otherwise the usual charges apply. No landing fees or anything. More than
worth the bucks (aprox $25max) when you need the location (I always compare
with downtown parking). Oh, and don't do what I do and park my 'dragger
right in front of the door to unload - they got tired of that.

Have fun.

"David" wrote in message
om...
I'm considering flying from ROA to CLT for a business meeting at the
airport itself next Tuesday -- arriving around noon and departing
around 16:00. I've not flown G/A to CLT before -- anyone able to
advise on the in/out delays (and fees) that I should expect? I'm
having a tough time justifying the 1:15 in the air "best case" vs. 3
hours driving point-to-point.

I just flew to BWI yesterday, and as always it was quick in and out --
also have had similar (good) mid-day experiences at PHL -- but maybe
I'm spoiled by those!

Thanks,
Dave