Old July 29th 03, 07:12 PM
Ed Majden

"B2431" wrote in message

Canada has a military? Since when?

Dunkirk ring a bell? How about Normandy?

Canada has always had an excellent military until they started slicing the
budget about 25 years ago. The RCAF in all its iterations has had an

excellent
record.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Thanks Dan. Maybe the fellows planted in Europe and elsewhere will rest
better tonight. At the end of WWII Canada had the 4th largest allied
airforce. The navy was also right up there. Ask the people in Holland what
they think of our Army. We had around a million personel in uniform, not
bad for a country with a population of around 12 million at that time.
Canada also contributed to the Korean effort receiving a Citation from the
President of the United States. Canadas contribution to Peace Keeping is
second to none. Yes, our military is small but that is present government
policy. We are still proud of the personal in uniform. They do one heck of
a job with the equipment provided to them.

Ed (Retired R.C.A.F./ C.A.F.) Armament Systems Tech/Radar Systems