Old February 20th 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default stall recognition and recovery

On Feb 19, 9:17*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Nyal Williams wrote:
I, for one, hope that all accidents are pilot error; we must be able to
depend on our equipment all the time. *Otherwise, there is no hope.

If you mean pilot error instead of equipment failure, I agree; if you
mean, pilots manipulating the equipment improperly, I probably don't
agree. My belief is it's easier to change the equipment than the pilot.
Examples: automatic control connections, docile stall behavior, spoiler
that don't open spontaneously if unlocked, ditto for canopies.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes"http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* * * New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" atwww.motorglider.org

Very interesting information he http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/19/buf...ils/index.html