Old August 21st 09, 03:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Gary R. Schmidt

Default yenc

hielan' laddie wrote:
[SNIP]
1 you don't have to put any kind of a proxy between your newsreader and a
server to read yENC posts. You can get a real newsreader which will read them
directly, or you can download them as text and have a utility convert them
after the fact. And they are hardly 'mangled' if they are delivered properly
to those who have real newsreaders and/or decoding utilities.

Yes, I *could* change, but why should I have to?

If the bloke who came up with yEnc had the sense to comply with the
various RFC's for Usenet news, these discussions would *never* happen.

And if something looks worth a view, I can always fire up bnr and try to
work out how to use it. :-)

Cheers,
Gary B-)